The Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) initiative is a key principle in the Financial Conduct Authority’s regulation of firms. The Financial Conduct Authority provide broad standards with the aim of improving service to customers. The deVere United Kingdom business is completely dedicated to upholding these principles and integrating TCF principles into client contact on a daily basis.
Our plan in this area focuses on a commitment to the deliverance of a high quality service and to ensure the TCF fundamental principles are implemented into our everyday working practice.
We feel confident in meeting these objectives with the support and encouragement from senior management and key staff ensuring we are consistently ‘Treating Customers Fairly’.
Our Objectives are to:
1. Make certain all of our clients can be confident that they are dealing with a firm where fair treatment is an essential factor.
2. Provide our clients with products and services suitable for their needs.
3. Ensure all clients are provided with honest and accurate information and are kept appropriately informed in a timely manner before, during and after the point of sale.
4. Identify any areas for development and put them right effectively and efficiently.
5. Review product performance and ensure it is of an acceptable standard
Client Charter - Our commitment to our clients
1. We will always place the interests of our clients above all other considerations.
2. At the start of each client relationship we will explain who is to be the main point of contact within our firm; what we are going to do for the client; when we are going to do it; and how much it will cost. We will then keep clients advised of progress.
3. We will ask our clients to provide us with such information about themselves and their finances as may be necessary to enable us to provide suitable advice and to comply with our client confidentiality and statutory obligations, and we will keep this information safe.
4. Whenever we recommend a financial product we will research the entire market for such products and recommend that which is most suitable for our clients.
5. We will endeavour always to respond promptly to communications from our clients.
6. We will be transparent with our clients in connection with our fees and any commissions received from the providers for any products and services which we may recommend.
7. We will agree with each of our clients whether they wish us to keep their finances and investments under review.
8. When requested to do so we will liaise with our clients’ other professional advisers in an effort to ensure that our advice is complementary to theirs.
9. If we do not possess expertise in any specialist area of advice we will with our clients’ agreement obtain advice externally, but we will ensure that this is consistent with the overall financial plans which we recommend.
10. In the event of any conflicts arising between our clients’ interests and our own, or between those of one client and another, we will explain the situation and seek our clients’ instructions on how they wish us to proceed.
11. We welcome our clients’ suggestions as to how our service might be improved and will undertake periodic satisfaction surveys.
12. In the event of any dissatisfaction, clients are invited to inform their main contact or if more appropriate the senior person identified in our Terms of Business as having responsibility for client care. Complaints which we cannot resolve may be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service, of which details are available on request.
If you are dissatisfied with a recommendation we have made you are entitled to make a complaint. We have a complaints procedure that is available on request. If you wish to register a complaint, please contact us:
In writing: The Compliance Officer, deVere United Kingdom, Offices 4-5 First Floor, i2 Oakham Business Park, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG18 5FB
By phone: +44 3333 44 9530
By e-mail: [email protected]
Please be assured we treat complaints seriously. For your further protection if you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service (‘FOS’). Full details of the FOS can be found on its website at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk or at the following address: The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR.